Appearing feminine has less to do with a certain facial feature than it is about the appearance of the face overall. It’s still possible to appear feminine with a large nose or square jaw so long as the overall features read ‘feminine’.
Here are Seven Main Differences Between Male and Female Faces.
Many people do not think about their foreheads, yet the forehead is a dead giveaway when it comes to defining a person’s sex. There are three main differences between female and male foreheads:
- Male foreheads are usually wider and higher than female foreheads.
- Males have a bony ridge running across the forehead and above the eyes. Females have a smooth forehead.
- Male foreheads are usually backwards sloping, whereas female foreheads are more vertical.
Everyone knows that males have thicker eyebrows than females, yet there are some other key differences:
- Male eyebrows possess a straighter shape, whereas female eyebrows are more arched.
- Males possess lower eyebrows than females. The eyebrows sit under the orbital rim on males, and above the orbital rim on women.
The eyes are the first thing others notice about a person’s face. Therefore, beautiful, feminine eyes are a clear sign. Here are some differences between female and male eyes:
- Because of the brow ridge, male eyes look more deep set than female eyes.
- Male eyelids appear more closed, providing the eyes a narrower appearance.
For those individuals who are self-conscious about their noses, relax! Many gorgeous women have prominent noses. Here are some main differences between female and male noses:
- Males have wider, longer noses, whereas female noses are more narrow and shorter.
- Males usually have arched or straight nose bridges, whereas female noses are usually more concave in profile.
Although we may not think a lot about our cheeks, cheeks are important to the overall facial proportions. Here will include the differences between female and male cheeks:
- Males usually have flatter cheekbones, whereas females possess more prominent cheekbones.
- Females have more fat in their face, giving the cheeks a rounder, fuller look.
Lush lips include a symbol of femininity and beauty. Here are some unique differences between female and male lips:
- Male lips are usually thinner than female’s lips—especially the top lip.
- Distance between the nose’s base and top lip is usually longer in males.
A strong jaw and chin are masculine features; however, square jawlines are currently ‘in’. Many of the world’s most gorgeous women possess square jawlines, which include: Gisele Bundchen, Salma Hayek, Gweneth Paltrow, Demi Moore, and Angelina Jolie. Below are the unique differences between female and male jawlines and chins:
- Males usually have longer chins than females.
- There often is a sharp angle in between a male’s jaw and chin, providing the chin a square appearance.
- Male chins usually have a flat base, whereas female chins are more pointed.
- Males have heavier, wider jaws than females.
Keep in mind, it is your overall facial appearance which matters; therefore, the more of these ideas you apply, the more feminine the face will appear.