Lip Implant Procedure
As they age, many women discover that their lips are no longer as full and lustrous as they once were. Many of them desire a more permanent solution than what dermal fillers can provide, and visit our cosmetic surgery center for lip implants. What are lip implants and how can you know if they are right for you? Here’s what you need to know.
What are Lip Implants?
Lip implants are soft, silicone-filled devices that are placed just inside the upper or lower lip to add fullness and smooth wrinkles. Lip implants appear very natural, and conform to the shape of your lips to plump them and provide a more youthful-looking appearance. They are also very pliable, and do not interfere with the normal functioning of your lips or mouth.
Lip implants are placed during a procedure known as a lip augmentation. Which implant do we use? Permalip is our choice of implant. Here’s why:
- It’s soft silicone
- They do not leak
- They do not cause allergies
- They are non-toxic
- They are easy to place and remove
- They are not filled with silicone but rather made entirely of silicone
Our Lip Implant Before & Afters
Benefits of Lip Implants
Those who suffer from thin or wrinkled lips may find it difficult to disguise these issues with cosmetics. Dermal fillers tend to provide only temporary solutions, and may even cause a person’s lips to appear very unnatural. Lip implants provide a more permanent solution than dermal fillers, and may even help to ward off certain signs of aging. Since they come in a variety of sizes and shapes, they more naturally conform to your own contours, and will therefore not cause you to appear “done” or “fake.”
Who Should Consider Having Lip Implants?
You may want to consider lip implants if:
- Your lips are naturally very thin or you have experienced volume loss due to aging
- You desire a more permanent solution than what can be achieved through dermal fillers
- Previous dermal filler injections have left you dissatisfied with your results
- You desire better symmetry and balance, as lip implants can also be used to correct differences in size between the upper and lower lips
- You have experienced trauma to the lips that has resulted in disfiguration
Before undergoing a lip augmentation, please tell us if you have any serious medical conditions or are taking any medications. You should also let us know if you have any allergies to any of the materials used to make lip implants. We typically recommend Permalip implants for our patients with allergies, as well as for those whose bodies have previously rejected an artificial device.
Are you looking to get lip implants? Give us a call at 561-624-0900 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.