Chin Implant and Shaving Surgery: Chin Reduction
Facial Feminization Surgeons of Florida help people all over the world achieve beautiful results.
The male chin is naturally square and pointy, while the female chin is more refined and smooth. Chin shaving and re-contouring can dramatically change the look of a person’s face, making him or her instantly appear more feminine.
The Process of Feminizing the Chin
The chin is an area that can easily be reshaped and contoured for a more feminine appearance. Height, width, and even projection are altered using a shaving and implant procedure. Dr. Mardirossian will decide to remove portions of the chin (via shaving) or add contour (using implants), to successfully meet patients’ expectations.
The Genioplasty Procedure
- Patients are given general anesthesia.
- An incision is made inside the mouth, so that there are no scars visible on the outside chin.
- The chin is then shaved down a few millimeters at a time until the desired height is reached.
- The middle portion of the chin bone may be removed to create a pointier chin.
- The surgeon may use an implant to soften or round the chin naturally.
- The incision is then closed using self-dissolving sutures.
Recovery Following Chin Shaving and Implants
Expect to spend at least one night in the hospital following a chin shaving and implant procedure. Compression bandages will be applied over the chin to prevent bruising and clotting, but these will be removed after a day of recovery. Swelling will occur, but this is normal. You may also experience temporary numbness around your chin, but all issues should resolve within seven to ten days post-surgery.
What are the Complications for a Chin Shaving and Implant Procedure?
While chin shaving procedures are part of routine cosmetic surgery, some patients do encounter complications. To avoid these, it is imperative you follow all after-care instructions provided to you by your facial feminization surgeon. Some common complications include:
- Permanent numbness around the chin
- Asymmetry of the chin, but this can be corrected with follow-up surgery
Contact FFS Surgeons
Contact Facial Feminization Surgeons of Florida for Chin Reduction Surgery. Schedule a consultation by calling 561-624-0900.