Fraxel Laser Resurfacing Patient Discharge Instructions
- After the Fraxel Laser treatment you may experience some redness and swelling. For mild discomfort and/or stinging, use ice packs as needed for ten minutes intervals every hour for the next 24 hours. You may also take any Ibuprofen medication.
- Drink plenty of fluids (water or juice) to keep hydrated.
- You may take showers or baths, but avoid using a washcloth or scrubbing the treated area for 24 hours.
- Wear sun block of 30 SPF or greater and moisturize with any non petroleum based moisturizer. You may apply make up the day following the treatment.
- Avoid use of anti-aging products (Retin-A) or petroleum based products for two weeks following the last procedure.
- Continue use of antiviral prophylaxis for Herpes Simplex virus.
- In 1 to 5 days your skin may bronze (like a sun tan) and then peel.
CALL OUR OFFICE IF:
- Severe swelling occurs
- Blisters appear
Your next appointment is ______________________________________